SANS BOIS MOUNTAIN RECREATIONAL PROPERTY W/ CABIN SITE
Mountain Homes for Sale and Mountain Properties for Sale near Red Oak, OklahomaNo Physical Address: GPS Coordinates 35.00664, -94.93031, Red Oak, Oklahoma 74563
Location: This recreational property is located in the heart of the Sans Bois Mountain range in a very remote and secluded wilderness type setting surrounded by miles of privately owned timberlands and several large acreage cattle ranches. The property is located in South-eastern Oklahoma about 8.5 miles northeast of the small town of Red Oak. Fort Smith, Arkansas is about a 1.5 hr drive, Oklahoma City is about 3 hours away and Dallas, Texas is about a 3.5 hr drive. An outline of the property and its exact location can be seen on the Google Earth map at the bottom of this listing. GPS Coordinates: 35.00664, -94.93031
Services: Off-Grid Property -
- Rural Electricity: No electrical grid service close to property.
- Water Well: Ground water can typically be found 100 to 250 feet deep.
- Septic System: Conventional septic systems are commonly installed in this area.
- Cellular Service: Limited AT&T cell service. Verizon service is best.
- LPG Gas: Propane gas can be purchased or delivered from the near-by towns.
- Solar: The north side of the property provides great south facing exposure and a solar system could be installed if desired.
- Rainfall: This area of South-eastern Oklahoma gets 48 to 50 inches of rainfall per year on average. It is very practical to install a rainwater collection system.
Access to Property: The property can be accessed by using a county maintained gravel all weather access road. There is a locked entrance gate.
Water: There is a nice pond on the property as well as 825 feet of frontage along Peach Creek, which serve as a year round source of water for wildlife.
- A previous landowner conducted two controlled burns on this property in the past 10 years to manage understory growth of the forest and create prime habitat for wildlife.
- There is a nice pond on the property as well as 825 feet of frontage along Peach Creek which serves as a year round source of water for wildlife.
- There are several below grade low pressure natural gas pipeline right of ways that traverse through the property creating ideal food plot areas and natural browse for wildlife. These open areas are covered with an established stand of cool season legumes and native grasses that help to congregate and hold deer on the property.
- The majority of the property is covered with a mature stand of timber that is native to south eastern Oklahoma including a diverse variety of mast producing oak trees, hickory as well as a nice scattering of mature saw log size native shortleaf pine.
- The property offers great hunting opportunities for whitetail deer, eastern wild turkey, black bear, wild hogs and other small game species. This area has a reputation for producing state record size whitetail deer.
- The property is located in a remote and secluded wilderness type setting that would be ideal for a relaxing weekend getaway cabin or even a full time residence. No traffic, no hurry, just simple life away from the hectic city.
- The panoramic mountain and valley views from this property are truly breath taking.
Oklahoma Land For Sale
Mountain & Valley Views
Private & Secluded Setting
Peach Creek Frontage
Mature Hardwood Timber
- Land for Sale
- Mountain Property
- Recreational Property
- Street Address: No Physical Address: GPS Coordinates 35.00664, -94.93031
- City: Red Oak
- State: Oklahoma
- Postal Code: 74563
- County: Latimer
- County: United States
- MLS#: 35018-87240
- Courtesy of : United Country Real Estate | Mixon Realty & Auctions