170 ACRE POTEAU MOUNTAIN RECREATIONAL PROPERTY
Mountain Homes for Sale and Mountain Properties for Sale near Howe, Oklahoma16600 Round Mountain Lane; Howe, Oklahoma 74940, Howe, Oklahoma 74940
See this property
Location: This property is located on the western sided of the mighty Poteau Mountain Range in Southeast Oklahoma in a very remote and secluded wilderness type setting surrounded by miles of privately owned timberland. The property is about 3.5 miles southwest of the city of Heavener, OK and 20 miles southwest of the city of Fort Smith, Arkansas. Oklahoma City is about a 4 hr drive and Dallas; Texas is about a 4 hour drive. GPS Coordinates: 34.9572; -94.5615
Services to Property: Off-Grid Property: Propane gas can be delivered from the nearby towns, surface water can typically be found within 250 feet of surface, this area of Oklahoma gets about 48 to 50 inches of rainfall per year so a water catchment system is very practical. There are several cabin sites that have great south facing exposure to sunlight for a solar powered system. There is a natural spring on this tract!
Access to Property: This property has surveyed legal access by means of a dirt road. The road has a rocky base and provides all weather access to the property.
- Great South-eastern Oklahoma recreational property with great hunting for whitetail deer, eastern turkey, wild hog, black bear, squirrel, rabbit and other small game.
- The property is covered with timber that is native to south eastern Oklahoma including shortleaf yellow pine and a diverse variety of oak trees, red bud, elm, eastern red cedar and hickory.
- Diverse variety of terrain varying from flat to gently sloping to moderately steep with hilltop settings providing scenic valley and mountain views to rocky canyons with waterfalls.
- There are several nice locations that would be perfect to construct a level pad for an off-grid cabin.
- Additional adjoining acreage is available for purchase if you want a larger tract.
- Impressive network of logging roads in this area offer great ATV riding opportunities.
- Property is located in a very remote and secluded wilderness type setting surrounded by miles of privately owned timberland.
- There is a seasonal creek that flows across the North side of this property.
- Short drive to fishing and boating at Lake Wister State Park, Cedar Lake, Poteau River, Post Mountain Lake and Lake Sardis.
Restrictions: No Deed Restrictions
Agents Comments: Beautiful wooded and wilderness type property in a private and secluded location. Excellent recreational property with a diverse variety of terrain and some unique features including rock outcroppings and panoramic mountain and valley views. Excellent hunting for deer, squirrel, turkey, wild hogs, rabbit, quail and other game. A surveyed legal easement for access is rare for South-eastern Oklahoma mountain land.
List Price: $255,000 -- ($1,500/acre)
Oklahoma Land For Sale
Private & Secluded Setting
All Weather Access Road
- Land for Sale
- Mountain Property
- Recreational Property
- Street Address: 16600 Round Mountain Lane; Howe, Oklahoma 74940
- City: Howe
- State: Oklahoma
- Postal Code: 74940
- County: Le Flore
- County: United States
- MLS#: 35018-87320
- Year Built: 0
- Courtesy of : United Country United Country Real Estate | Mixon Realty & Auctions